Dedicated to serving the physical needs of abandoned, orphaned and at-risk children
in Central and North America.
Our focus remains, assisting Residence of Life with modifying the 100-year-old “casa” to be the home for six abandoned children.
The children were welcomed home on December 14, 2012. They have settled into their new school, with their new uniforms, and are sleeping comfortably in their new beds thanks to ABINA’S donors…..
We’re not done yet!
A NEW HOME!
UPDATE and NEEDS
December 2012, the children settled into the new *100-year-old* home that many volunteers and donors helped modify…
They attend a new school and have adjusted to being a family of six well….
The children have a mom, Tia care-givers and many friends who help out …
July 2013 Residence of Life received news that they would have to move from the home. The land-owners (who live in Australia) will be returning to live in Costa Rica in 2 years and 8 months.
Founder of Residence of Life, Cherie McCullah needs help finding land and building a “permanent” home, immediately.
Although she has 32 months before the move, the need to begin building is urgent. It took a little over two years to modify this home and get approval from the Health and Child Protection Agencies.
The equipment, furniture and upgrades that our donors invested in will be moved to the new home.
Please pray and give as you are able. We do not want to see this new family have to rent again.
We do not want them to become homeless, or have to share a home with someone.
The consequences of not providing homes for abandoned children means that the kids will end up stuck in the system with little chance of being adopted.
Residence of Life is the only permanent home they have had in their life.
ABINA is committed to helping with the needs of abandoned, orphaned, abused and underprivileged children in Central America.
The most urgent need is to help Cherie raise the funds for a new and larger piece of property in Atenas.
When Residence of Life vacates the current property, ABINA will help in removing the cabinetry our donors and volunteers built, leaving the home to look just as it did when we began in 2010.
The children’s beds, benches, swings, laundry, and all we installed will be moving with the family.
How you can help……One Home at a Time!
Mail-In Donations; should be sent directly to ABINA Ministries, Inc. and mail to;
ABINA Ministries – P.O.Box 294 – Deming, WA. 98244.
Online Donations are processed by Pay Pal via the “Donate” link @
Your offering can to be applied to;
- The General Fund (where needed most) OR….
- The Building Project Fund (for present and future building projects).
- Buck-Up $ 4 Orphans Emergency Fund (applied to the immediate needs of the six children at Residence of Life.)
- The Orphan Christmas Fund (Provide an underprivileged child a Christmas gift and dinner)
CLARITY IN CHARITY….
- ABINA is recognized as an Independent Nonprofit Charitable Corporation in Washington State, as of November 2012.
- We are no longer an outreach ministry for Bethany Chapel. This does NOT mean we are no longer associated; just that we are no longer attached. ABINA and Bethany are now two separate tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organizations, with separate EIN #’s for the Washington, and separate bank accounts.
- The organizations tax exemption allows ABINA to receive tax-deductible donations from the public and in turn, give the donor with a tax-deductible receipt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. .
- The organization’s board of seven has a total of three officers, and four directors, with five voting on the board’s decisions, and meets three times per year..
- We raise funds annually with a by invitation fundraiser called a “Chili-Challenge.” Our guests bring their favorite crock-pot chili recipe to share and be judged. The purpose of ABINA’S private event is to raise awareness, raise funds for our next orphan project and enjoy a fun day of food and fellowship.
- The donations ABINA Ministries receives are what determines the scope of our next mission’s project.
- All of the funds, less 10% for administration costs, received through donations, are used for the direct expenses and associated costs of the projects and activities. The donor can choose where their donation applies;
- The funds are NOT used for volunteer’s personal expenses, volunteer loans or grants, as outlined on the BYLAWS. Volunteers are responsible to raise their own funds for their mission trip. ABINA has “NO” paid officers.
- ABINA Ministries income and expenditure statements are filed with the State of Washington and the IRS annually.